Site Council is made up of teachers, support staff, admin, and parents. The goal of the Site Council is to allow all groups of stakeholders to have a voice in the growth and improvement of our school. We encourage all parents to come to the meetings to gain information on how to be engaged in our school and your child’s education.
We encourage parents to visit classrooms, take part in school activities, and volunteer in the school because family engagement promotes student learning.
There are a number of ways you can volunteer:
- Work in your child’s classroom or assist with small groups
- Assist in the office
- Supervise in the cafeteria or at recess
- Assist with planning and running of school-wide events
- Teach Art Masterpiece
- Be a guest speaker, teach a skill, or share a talent with our students
- … and so much more!
Volunteers form an essential part of the school program. For the safety of our students, Arizona Ball Charter Schools require all volunteers, including family members, to be screened with a background check every two years. Below are the steps for our volunteer process:
1. Volunteer Application
2. Background Check Application
If you have a Fingerprint Clearance Card, a copy of the front and back of that will fulfill this requirement
3. Provide a copy of your drivers license
4. Provide a picture for your volunteer badge
If you would like to volunteer at Val Vista Academy, please email or drop off the required documents to the office or please reach out to, Barb Oda, 480-656-5555 x307 or Boda@ballcharterschools.org